Thursday 23 May 2013

Howey H, 2011, Wool omnibus edition (1-5)

A dystopia. With knitting.

What's outside the silo? Start this book and you will need to know. This is a stay-up-all-nighter. In fact it's a stay-up-all-nighter then read it again the next day just to check you didn't miss something important at 5am. For me, there's something terrifyingly immersive about the world Howey creates and I'd vote for Mayor Jahns given half a chance.

Yes, yes I liked this book.

First line:
The children were playing while Holston climbed to his death; he could hear them squealing as only happy children do. 
Last line:
'I think you're right,' he told little Elise, pulling his radio free. 'I think everything's gonna be just fine...'

Spolier: never trust the bastards in IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for commenting. It's great to know other avid readers. I hope you'll also share what you're currently reading?